Romain song for Rpm + advice for sound card on macbook

Andy Tarpinian EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Feb 26 17:58:19 CET 2008

On Feb 25, 2008, at 5:32 PM, Romain Gros wrote:

> Also , I'm looking forward to buy  a firewire sound card for my
> macbook ( with adat in/out and at least 8 inputs) , is there anyone
> who can  advice me anything ? cause I'm quite stuck,
> when I check on the google I don t find anything really stable
> (problems of freezing ,or drivers problems cause  ...blabla  etc
> etc )...

I have a motu 828 MKII on a macbook, really nice, though did give me
some problems with it spouting out random digital noise, Joost though
it was probably something wrong with my unit, meaning not a bug.
Though it has not done this in a while so it might be ok. It is a bit
expensive but really nice, they make a smaller more inexpensive
version though too,

I need to get a new machine though, for some reason my cpu is getting
killed using plugin synths in the new version of logic, anyone else
notice? I want a new macbook pro when they come out but the grandma in
me knows I should get a pro tower...

And I have finally decided that if someone were to create the exact
opposite of an intuitive great way to write music it would be a
Digital Audio Workstation. Viva gear connected via midi!