RPM - Upload

komatos EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Feb 24 18:10:22 CET 2008

On Feb 24, 2008, at 8:54 AM, Martin Naef wrote:

> Guys,
>
> As I'm getting myself in position for a speed-master, can I ask all
> contributors to upload their tracks to Joost's site? Preferred
> format is
> a WAV file before you've applied any severe limiting and multiband
> compression to make sure I still have all the options available. If
> you're seriously bandwidth-challenged, a high-bitrate MP3 works as
> well.
>
> So far, I have The Dong's, Gert's and Chris' tracks on the site, and
> I've got the data from Micke. The earlier I get the tracks (or even an
> MP3 placeholder), the better I can take care of the mastering - and
> time
> *is* crucial.
>
> Who's taking care of the artwork this time? I can print onto CDs
> for the
> initial submission.
>
> Here's the original info:
> -----------
> Theme: shelter
> -----------
>
> FTP, upload your submissions to:
>
> ftp://rpm08:rpm08 at rpm.music-bar.org/
>
> ftp - rpm.music-bar.org
> user - rpm08
> pass - rpm08
>
> Place anything PUBLIC in the /minisite dir. This is accessible
> through:
>
> http://rpm.music-bar.org/
>
> ----------
>
> Deadline for submission... to package everything up... feb 27th 23:59
> UTC!
>
> Bye
> Martin

Regarding the RPM08 submissions: do we have enough yet?  If not, I've
got a track that wasn't actually composed in February 2008, but it's
the last track that I worked on with the last of my gear (RS7000 &
Warp Factory) before I sold it back in December.  This is the newest
track I have available, and if you guys are interested, let me know
and I'll upload a preview to the RPM08 music-bar folder listed above
(the MP3 version; 12MB).  If you want to include it with everybody
else's submissions after hearing it (due to lack of other's
submissions or that you really think it fits/you like it alot), I can
upload the full .AIF of it (about 87.9MB).

I have no way of changing the layout of the song, as I no longer own
the gear that it was composed on (RS7000).  It's 8 minutes 30 seconds
long, which might be a little too long for the compilation.  Title is
Nu2Tranz (gathering you can guess what type of song it is by the
title;-)  Feel free to use multi-band compression on it or other
mastering tools if you do decide to incorporate it into RPM08.

If interested, lemme know.  With my one or two songs a year output,
December 2007 is the closest I can get to the February 2008
composition time.  I'm currently trying to learn Ableton Live Lite
6.0.10 M-Audio powered edition that came with my Axiom 49 keyboard.
Maybe in the future I'll have a track from that, but it will take
awhile before I get used to the software sequencing world,
considering my last 10 years of on again/off again music making were
all hardware.

--komatos