12.1 & Audiences

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Feb 24 12:22:29 CET 2008

Michael Zacherl wrote:
>> The system is calibrated so we can play back
>> recordings at exactly the same level they were recorded -
>
> meaning the loudness impression is supposed to be the same!?

Yes. As I mentioned - the whole system is calibrated properly.

> I just thought of Star Trek's Holo-Decks. Soundwise.

Well, that's the plan - we also have stereoscopic projection in the same
room...

>> Ahh, no, just one - I think I need to explain what Ambisonic is (also:
>> google for it).
>
> doh! didn't do my homework!   -(

1h Nachsitzen!

> what would be the approach when you don't do field or location
> recording but do a sondtrack, electronic music for an installation or
> such?

There are a bunch of Max externals that place a mono sound source within
the soundfield. You just define heading, pitch and distance, and get the
b-format back that you can mix with the other sources. Reverb is a bit
trickier, but with a bit of hacking can be done as well.

Bye
Martin