A beautiful DIY synth ..

Tony Scharf EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Feb 21 15:52:07 CET 2008

On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 8:37 AM, Jay Vaughan <jayv at synth.net> wrote:

>  this makes our project seriously worth the consideration.  now all we
>  need is to find 5 or 10 more guys just like you.  ;)

Well, here is your next problem....  if *I* provide crappy parts, are
you going to get blamed for my disappointment when it doesnt work
right?  What about after the fact if something breaks?  will you
service what you build?  Also, if I am providing the parts, that $1750
figure would definitely come down quite a bit.  Then there is the
whole overseas shipping and what not...

Convincing 5~10 guys like me that paying you to build something will
be as good as buying something roughly equivalent off the shelf will
be a hard one.  Most of the guys into DIY synths will just build it
themselves.  Guys like me are generally content with what Studio
Electronics or Doepfer can build for you, and they *do* offer
warrantee and such.  Its just something to consider.  For $1750, i
could also get a Prophet 08, which to a guy like me is near a perfect
synth.

Not to take the wind out of the sales, but if I am to be considered
part of your target market, you should know what we think.

Tony