A beautiful DIY synth ..

Tony Scharf EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Feb 21 15:31:54 CET 2008

On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 8:11 AM, Jay Vaughan <jayv at synth.net> wrote:
> > Certainly.  I'd only want to see MIDI on it, or at least CV/Gate so I
>  > could sequence it.
>  > I'd imagine the price to be quite a bit though.
>

>  okay, so what price would you put on a project like this?  a few
>  friends and i are considering starting up a small DIY-synth kit
>  builder service, you know ..

Well, spec wise, its very close to the SE1x I just got give or take a
few details.  the SE was $1550.  the SE is not a keyboard, however,
and that is going to add significantly to the cost.  the SE also has
patch memory and MIDI witch this synth doest.

If you could build it into a 6u rack case with either CV/Gate inputs
on it or some kind of MIDI (though i think my ATC-1 has CV outputs on
it) I'd pay $1750.  I figure thats worth it all things considered.

Tony