OSX shared music library

Andy Tarpinian EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Feb 20 19:01:48 CET 2008

Does anyone know of method of having a shared music library on a
network of macs? iTunes is just too much of a pain in the ass to hack
it. Basically  we want one computer music server/drives to hold the
music and then other computers on the network to be able to browse
music(using playlists, mp3 tags etc...) in an interface, and be able
to listen to tracks and burn cd's(and ideally add to the collection.)
Sharing music is such a pain in the ass in iTunes and it seems
basically no one makes commercial jukebox software for mac anymore. I
have found a few things, but they don't seem like they would be stable
for a working environment, shareware stuff and betas.

?