Implementing zynaddsubfx PADSynth on SoundBite hardware ..

ibi sum EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Feb 19 11:23:28 CET 2008

> >I don't think I showed you this actually...

I remember you mentioning that you'd been playing with IFFT one time in
Enschede .. in Java?

> that was probably the FM
> stuff.

I remember that too, wasn't as impressed.  ;)

> I did some quick offline tricks with it... but yeah, in
> assembly this will be quite a bit harder I guess. Do you already have
> a nice FFT library for Motorola assembly?

Yup.  You'll never guess where we got it from.

> Actually... on my list of synths I should make...
> 1) Faze-1 (phase distortion) (eternally nearly done)

It really is about time you released this, I'm sick of looking at my crappy
version of it when I fire up Live and wondering when I'm going to get an
update for it!

> 2) DrumSynth (also eternally nearly done)

In the meantime, there's Stomper at least.

> 3) iFFT/one shot (kind of sample based synth) (just some experiments)

Well this would be nice to see you do, too, but not until Faze1..

> 4) One shot samples through a big ass delay line (looots of taps),
> kinda like granular synthesis (difficult to tune though) (also just
> some experiments)

*cough* Puredata *cough*

j.