Upgrading socket 939

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Feb 16 00:34:53 CET 2008

Andy Tarpinian schreef:

> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103002
>
> My board : ASUS A8V Deluxe 939 VIA K8T800 Pro
>
> I think this is my only option for the best performance, worth it maybe?

I would chuck out the mainboard, get a Socket 775 mainboard and a Core 2
(Duo, Quad) chip. It's just not worth investing in Socket 939 any
longer. The performance gain does not justify the investment, if you
compare it to the price/performance ratio of Intel's offerings.

> Damn PC's so un-upgradable after a few years...

That's just a fact of life... my AMD 3500+ on a Tyan 939 motherboard and
an Nvidia 8800 GTS is zooming away quite nicely, though. Runs Bioshock
and Episode 2 without any trouble.

- Peter