One more track

Mikael Hansson EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Feb 15 16:57:33 CET 2008

Martin Naef wrote:
> Micke,
>
> Mikael Hansson wrote:
>> Actually I didn't apply any compression, but the Amplitube patch had a
>> compressor in it's signal chain so I turned it off:
>>
>> http://hem.bredband.net/b284194/uncompressed_guitars.mp3
>
> What else is in the patch? Sustain? Was the compressor before the
> distortion? I prefer the new version, as it sounds a bit more
> "sparkling", but that could just be the volume. You might also reduce
> distortion a bit, as this has a leveling effect as well.

The compressor was post amp and cab.

>> What about doing the intro like this?
>
> The intro works great like this. What reverb are you using for the
> piano? It just strikes me that a really high-class reverb could let this
> section shine even more.

This is with Altiverb instead of Hypersonics native reverb. Rolled off
the guitars with a highshelfing filter at around 10k. Changed the intro
a bit, also some highfreq cutting on the right channel open hh.

http://hem.bredband.net/b284194/mh_code_premix2.mp3

/Micke