GenoQs Octopus

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Feb 15 11:14:48 CET 2008

>> a plate with holes drilled and led's poked through != finely crafted.
>
> Define finely crafted then. I associate it with craftsmanship, meaning
> solidly built etc. How would you define it?

hand-built, component interlock, surface translation producing no
seams, attention to geometry as function, not process.  a piano
surface with lacquered seams is finely crafted; a sequencer with
led's poking through drilled holes in a faceplate is factory made. if
you look at it and think 'i could do that myself', it doesn't pass
the test, imho.

but look, i'm well-hated for my opinions on sequencer design, so i'll
let it rest.  certainly, the GenoQs isn't something i'd be willing to
pay thousands for..

;
--
Jay Vaughan