nice Puredata patch ..

K9 Kai Niggemann EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Feb 13 01:02:59 CET 2008

On 12. Feb 08, at 20:52 , Martin Naef wrote:

>> I have started to learn "Processing" using this book by the authors
>> of
>> the language and it's a lot of fun:
>
> How's the book? Is it focusing a lot on the language itself, or rather
> on creative concepts? I might pick something up as well, but I'd need
> inspiration on the creative side, and very little in the way of
> software
> development.

For me the book is excellent. I have taken a class on Java, but that
was a while ago, and I have been learning the basics of MaxMSP, but I
lack the real introduction to programming. It starts very very basic,
just what I needed. But it moves on to much more sophisticated things,
machine vision, integrating internet data and creating sound with
processing.

I think you should have a look at processing.org, they link to the
website for the book and it has an example chapter and the TOC online:

http://processing.org/learning/books/

I can imagine that there would be better books to inspire you though,
if you know about programming (and have a decent grip on Java or Java-
based languages)

>> Someday I will have something to show you all, in the meantime you
>> can
>> marvel at the creations of more able minds than me on this excellent
>> flickr group: http://www.flickr.com/groups/processing/
>
> Some very nice examples indeed! Do you have any clear ideas what you
> intend to achieve, or are you just playing around at this stage?

right now I am still learning and happy when I get the white ball to
bounce on the grey background with my mouse cursor;) I do have some
ideas what I'd like to do, but I won't tell just yet...;)

what is it that you do with max/MSP?

Kai