Cleaning security marker off things?

Dave S EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Feb 10 17:04:28 CET 2008

Hi Bar,

I was wondering if anyone knows a good way to clean security marker off of
something?

It's nothing dodgy, honest! I've got some equipment I'm not using any more
that I need to sell on Ebay, and it has my postcode written on it in security
pen.

Should it just come off with some isopropyl alcohol?

If there isn't a good way to get it off, and you were a potential Ebay
customer, would it bother you much that it had the old postcode of the person
who sold it to you written on it?

That's the thing - my postcode has changed due to a house move, and I have no
particular way of proving that this is indeed my old postcode, and that the
device isn't stolen.  I don't think I have the receipt for it anywhere.

I think I'd just make everything clear up front, and accept that it may make a
small dent in what someone would pay me for it.

Perhaps a photo of the serial number as part of the listing would help clear
it up as well, to show that it's nothing dodgy?  I also have the original
box, which you probably wouldn't have if you'd raided someone's house and
stolen their studio gear.

It's a Midiman Midisport 8x8/s and a Korg TR-Rack, if anyone is interested?
I'm not using either of them enough these days, and I'm about to upgrade my
computer a bit so could do with the cash.

Cheers,

~Dave