New Tune: Muteqx - Game Grid

Dave S EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Feb 10 16:39:26 CET 2008

On Friday 08 February 2008, deeplfo wrote:
> Nice Dave.  I'm loving the whole dubstep movement atm.
> One suggestion, you could use a bit more punched out spaces in the whole
> arrangement.  I think that might be the cure for the other suggestions as
> to "where it's going..."  I would just mix it up a bit more, more pauses,
> more contemplation, more thoughts...Check out some of Boxcutter's material
> for examples.  I've been experimenting with the dubstep style myself, and
> it seems to me that it has more impact when it's a bit more sparse and
> dark.
> Keep working....

Indeed, I'm working on it some more this afternoon.

Thanks for the tips, and I agree - although I'm not quite sure where I'm going
to do that, but will give it a go.  Maybe I'll end up extending it a little
more - will be interesting coming back to it after a few days.

The Boxcutter album is fantastic.  Have you heard Geiom's "Island Noise"
album?  Quite a bit of hype surrounding that one too - and it's certainly at
the more interesting end of dubstep, in the same way as Boxcutter - not the
kind of stuff that would get played in a club.

Geiom (aka. Kamal Joory, as in "Magic Radios") is a mate of mine here in
Nottingham, which is great as he's just got a new radio show and will be
playing my tune on it this week.  :-D

If anyone is writing any good dubstep and wants me to send it his way, just
let me know.  :-D

~Dave