Trying my best

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Feb 8 11:49:52 CET 2008

>> live really rocks when you pair it with faderfox boxes.  without such
>> external hardware, for me, i found that live is a bit too mousey/
> I have an 03D which has a programmable midi remote function I never
> use.
> 19 assignable faders (with real 1 digit accuracy, tested)
> 38 buttons, I think there are latching options...
> Can I use this?

Definitely.  Click the "MIDI Learn" button in the upper right of the
Live screen, and move a slider/press a knob for whatever interface
element you want to control.  IMHO, this little MIDI button is one of
the most under-used features of Live, but it makes a huge difference
to your flow if you spend some time setting it all up for session use
in Live.  Frankly I couldn't stand using Live until I spent an hour
getting it under the command of some hardware control surfaces ..

> I've never had to use it!

Give it a whirl and let us know how it goes.

;
--
Jay Vaughan