Auto-Tune Abuse in Pop Music - 10 Examples

Andy Tarpinian EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Feb 7 22:33:20 CET 2008

On Feb 7, 2008, at 5:05 AM, Martin Naef wrote:

> Tom,
>
> Tom Davies wrote:
>> Like me. I really don't give two hoots what methods people use to
>> make
>> music. In fact, I quite in enjoy the fuss things like this create
>> amongst the old guard who consider it to be unfair and cheating.
>
> I don't give a hoot either what method they use, but I *do* care about
> the result. This is not about "cheating" - those examples simply sound
> atrocious to my ears.

For example I have heard that a producer of Miles Davis would take
recordings in the studio and splice them up and put them back together
in new interesting(unplayable?) ways, he would ask Miles if it was
cool, and he would give the ok if he liked it. Early remixing! :)