Auto-Tune Abuse in Pop Music - 10 Examples

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Feb 7 11:53:02 CET 2008

Tom Davies wrote:
> Fair enough - but would they sound so bad if you were not aware of the
> autotune?

Yes, absolutely. I've been aware of Autotune abuse ever since that
infamous Cher single got airtime, this particluar article doesn't tell
me anything new. I do tend to listen to music rather consciously, and
these things make me cringe.

I may be repeating myself: There's absolutely nothing wrong with
Autotune per se. I actually own a TC VoiceOne, which is perfectly
capable of murdering any vocal performance. But as in any sound effect:
If you can hear it, you've probably overcooked it.

Bye
Martin

--
http://www.navisto.ch