The Man From Earth

Ron West EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Dec 27 21:30:28 CET 2008

> His description of religiousity in the US and that atheists are almost
> persecuted was a bit of a surprise to me. I didn't think religion had
> such an effect on the american society. Sure I know religion is
> important to many in the US but I didn't think that a political career
> would be nearly impossible if you're a non-believer. What's your view on
> this, is he overstating the effects?

when a black, lesbian, atheist gets elected to a national office then
the US will have arrived. until then, the idiots are running the show.
but with that said, we are the only nation on earth who has elected a
leader who was not the nations ethnic majority. :-)
and to answer your question, no, no religion = no votes.

> I also liked Idiocracy but you have to look past the 'comedy makeup' and
> find the irony. Some of the one's I recommended it to just thought it
> was silly :)

the people who just laugh at the gags are the same people that the
movie is making fun of.

--
Ron

"They hate you if you're clever and they despise a fool."

http://www.myspace.com/beepmusic
ITMFA