8Bit - The new Mssiah

M-.-n EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Dec 26 20:12:11 CET 2008

These will work:

http://www.tiny.cc/

They are very tiny but enough to scroll through prophet's windows.

-----Original Message-----
From: music-bar-bounces at lists.music-bar.org
[mailto:music-bar-bounces at lists.music-bar.org]On Behalf Of Peter Korsten
Sent: vendredi 26 decembre 2008 19:43
To: Music-bar
Subject: Re: 8Bit - The new Mssiah

punkdISCO schreef:

> The only thing that puts me off is the fact the you have to have a
> monitor rigged up to the C64.  Would any monitor work?  I have an old
> LCD that is never going to do any other than sit in a cupboard..

Monitors for home computers from the eighties, including the C64 and the
Amiga, almost always stuck to the PAL TV standard (or NTSC in the US).
This way you could easily connect them to a TV, and their monitors were
basically TVs without tuners.

Even CGA stuck to this TV standard (you can hook up a European monitor
to a US home computer and vice versa without a problem), but starting
with EGA this changed. You could different horizontal and vertical
refresh frequencies, and quite likely, the very minimum that your old
LCD monitor can handle is VGA.

So, you would need a converter, like some shown on this page:

http://www.converters.tv/

Or google a bit for LCD screen that can take PAL input (like a small LCD
TV?), but you'll have lost any financial advantage.

- Peter