8Bit - The new Mssiah

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Dec 26 13:35:36 CET 2008

> The only thing that puts me off is the fact the you have to have a
> monitor rigged up to the C64.  Would any monitor work?  I have an old
> LCD that is never going to do any other than sit in a cupboard..

No. Only composite or Y/C (chrominance/luminance) which I do believe is
the s-video standard.

An ordinary TV or small monitor supporting composite or s-video is
required and audio is a bonus. Making of ones own adaptor cable required
too unless using the TV modulated output.

As it turns out, lots of folks are using the PS1 screens for their
hacked gear, even to make custom laptops. I know it's anti-Christmas and
the virtual-crunch time, but these would work and are small and
reasonably cheap:

http://tinyurl.com/axd6ap

May still warrant slight hacking ;)