GorF

M-.-n EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Dec 22 12:38:01 CET 2008

Hi all,

Back to the US after 3 weeks ! Feelz kind of wierd to be sitting at work
and still a bit under Jetlag, so forgive any hazey bits in the following :)

Paul, I had a quick look at the sequencer and it look nice. I'm not sure
about a direct application for me but probably just live tweak would
work and I should definetly try to couple it with my arduino piano as
soon as I get midi working.

One part that would be really interesting for me would be the ability to
"de-sync" the notes & cc playing tracks, basically try to add a few
tweak so it's less of a 8step continuous sequencer.

Here's a few suggestions:

1. I think it would be neat to be able to run the CC tracks at a ratio
of the base tempo (2x, 4x, 1/2x, 1/4x). Possibly including to 1/12x for
tripletty effects of the CC. Maybe a setting per track could be
interesting, even for note velocity and others.

2. Have a mode where you can (independently for each CC) reset the CC
track to zero each time you trigger a note. That way, the CC tracks can
become a "modulation" pattern which I find a lot more useful than the
"fixed to the note" scheme. I'm begging for this to happen in the
elektron product but I have no faith it'll ever happen.

3. It would be great to include a possibiliy to have the possibility of
entering a loop point at any step. The easiest implementation would be
to have a single value that would reset the current sequence to step 0.
More complex implementation could be to set looping destination and how
many times it loops before continuing to the next step. Writing this I'm
kind of thinking that this could be a track on it's own.

Cheers
Marc