A bunch of ideas

Joost Schuttelaar EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Dec 18 02:03:18 CET 2008

On Dec 17, 2008, at 20:14 , Mikael Hansson wrote:

> <http://deadmengods.com/misc/dmg_ideas.rar>

Berserk: love the theme change at 1:15! Potential for a good track.
Malicious: the first 40 seconds are way too generic, but i like the
melody line
Experia: nice FM sound at 15 secs! Slow drums are cool too (good for
some variation on the album)... what about drowning that 808-snare in
reverb? Oh yeah, love the guitar... add a slow & deep (slightly
grunchy bass) and some deep deep vocals and you got an awesome
melancholic track. That guttural sound at 1:23 actually made me think
for a split second that Romain took a breath and was about to sing :)
Endgame: didn't do much for me... no surprises in here
Junk culture: drums with quiet hihats and offbeat bass give some nice
thumping power, the arps are also good! Is screaming for a chorus :)
Maybe add another layer before you go (but be careful with formula's
like: add one track, add one track, add one track -> chorus)

More later! :)

--

Joost Schuttelaar
The Hague, NL