Dell S2209W

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Dec 17 13:15:00 CET 2008

The Dong schreef:

> Just be careful.
> I've hunted and found possible conflicting data on the Dell S2209W and
> S2309W. It's got 5ms refresh (not 2ms) which puts it up against monitors
> that (in the UK) cost £50 LESS atm for 22" and 24" models with the same
> price and similar spec.

Good point.

> The actual screen on the DELL you mention is a Twisted Nematic (tn)
> Panel, which basically means it cannot display as many colours as it
> could otherwise. I don't know how bad this affects the display, but it
> is no doubt only one cost saving that is obscured, fuzzed or not
> mentioned at all in the Dell blurb.

*Very* good point.

> Beware DELL is all I say.
> Just like I (used to, ok, still do) say, beware Apple (hehe)
> They over simplify, omit and create new diction to glaze over what is
> effectively inferior product.
>
> ..which nobody can deny, hehe, which nobody can deny..

See, this is sort of the information that is very helpful. I don't care
that much about very big screens, and the fact that this is like a TV,
but without the tuner (but with HDCP) makes it a very interesting
product. I'm not that keen on 1920x1200 (you end up with black bars), or
a 30" screen, or two 24" ones, because I don't have the space in the
first place. And our TV is 23", so it would be a bit strange to have a
monitor that is 30% bigger, quite apart from the cost aspect.

But now the unbelievably low price is not so unbelievable any more.

- Pete