Motu 2408 Mk2 verses Mk3

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Aug 31 19:41:49 CEST 2008

Martin Naef schreef:

> I am a PC user. The PCI-324 was fine on my previous PC (Dell 8200), but
> I know people had issues particularly with non-Intel chipsets. The first
> generation 424 had similar issues (and also wouldn't run in a 3.3V PCI
> slot). I haven't heard any complaints with the PCIX-424 or the PCIe-424.

Having said all that, it's a bit of a recurring theme on the MOTU web
site that the PC version of the software doesn't support everything that
the Mac version does. (They're not mentioning why, it might be an issue
with Windows itself, but it does stand out.)

Any reason why you'd need all those synchronisation options on the MIDI
Timepiece AV, or is it more like two devices in one box, linking MIDI
sync with other syncs?

- Peter