Motu 2408 Mk2 verses Mk3

James R. Coplin EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Aug 31 17:21:19 CEST 2008

I have and use the 24i/o, 24i, 308, and 2408mkIII in my rig.  I like the new
PCI Express based cards but I had issues with the older cards.  They worked
great on any standard Intel chipset but had issues with VIA et al on the AMD
side.  I can answer pretty much anything you might need to know about the
MOTU stuff as I've been using it on the PC since the line came out.  I
highly recommend them.  I don't think you can half as good without spending
at least twice as much.

James R. Coplin

-----Original Message-----
From: music-bar-bounces at lists.music-bar.org
[mailto:music-bar-bounces at lists.music-bar.org] On Behalf Of punkdISCO
Sent: Sunday, August 31, 2008 8:48 AM
To: 'Music-bar'
Subject: RE: Motu 2408 Mk2 verses Mk3

..Martin Zacherl sent me this excellent article:

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/oct03/articles/motu.htm

Im a bit concerned about their PC experiences..  Any PC users used their
audio stuff?

I know I had a complete nightmare with my old Motu XT Midi interface.  Sure,
once setup it was fine but it could take a week to get it working if I ever
moved PC or had to reinstall..

Paul
London
www.punkdisco.co.uk
Banned by YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EvlOpBe0xU
"thats mental! and rather fkin ace too! cheers! dick subhumans"