Motu 2408 Mk2 verses Mk3

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Aug 31 16:42:36 CEST 2008

punkdISCO wrote:
> I just read that the old 324 card also does not have any DSP so you can not
> do zero latency stuff.  I will keep to the 424 card..

The 324 does zero latency routing, but not mixing. But since it won't
work in your modern quad core PC, it's a moot point anyway...

> Great price on your 424 and 2 x 1224!

I thought it was a decent deal.

> The only thing I don’t like about the 24io card is that it means I have a
> big group of ADs in one place.  I like the other approaches as it means I
> can run single TDIF or ADAT lines to different batches of gear.

So the 2408 it is, then. Instant connectivity to your mixer and converters.

> Its interesting that once you start taking everything into consideration,
> the Motu stuff looks positively cheap!

That's exactly why I ended up with it. Another big plus for me is the
308. I don't know of any system that offers this rather unique
combination of AES/EBU, S/PDIF coax and S/PDIF optical with 8 channels
each. This is great to hook up my FX boxes. I just don't understand why
it's no longer sold, though, or why they never built an mkII version
with 96k capabilities.

Bye
Martin