Monitor controller

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Aug 31 16:21:55 CEST 2008

Bar,

The monitor section of my 01V is getting slightly flaky, so I'm in the
market for a decent monitor controller.

Features I'm looking for:

Must have:
- Multiple inputs: at least three line level, four would be nice. If I
can mix them together, that'd be nice too, but not essential
- Two headphone outs
- Sound quality at least equal to the 01V monitor section.

Should have:
- Seperate cue output and talkback microphone (to be used for things
like Skype etc.)
- Mono output to feed a subwoofer if I ever get one
- Desktop form factor or rack mount with remote.

So far I had a closer look at the Mackie Big Knob and the Presonus
Monitor Station. The Central Station would fit the bill very nicely, but
it is a bit beyond what I'm prepared to pay.

Does anybody have experience with one of these? Did I miss any other
contender?

Martin