Apple hit with class-action lawsuit over iPhone 3G flakiness

Andy Tarpinian EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Aug 26 20:11:08 CEST 2008

On Aug 26, 2008, at 12:31 PM, komatos wrote:

> On Aug 25, 2008, at 3:29 PM, Peter Korsten wrote:
>
>> Andy Tarpinian schreef:
>>
>>> They screwed up 2.0 badly, and then 2.0.1 worse and then 2.0.2 even
>>> worse. Phone unstable, connection unstable, email unstable.
>>
>> So how come? Apple doesn't exactly have a name to uphold when it
>> comes
>> to bad updates, contrary to some other software producer I could
>> MenSion.
>>
>> - Peter
>
> As far as the phone connection part goes, I wouldn't blame that all on
> Apple.  Back when I had my first cell phone circa 2000, I had Cingular
> (now part of AT&T) as my provider.  Worst cell phone service ever.
> Couldn't get a decent signal in my workplace or most of my house on an
> old Nokia 3360 phone.  Got Verizon as soon as the 2 year contract was
> up and haven't looked back since.  Hardly ever get weak signals
> compared to Cingular.  I heard it improved when AT&T bought them out a
> few years later, but I would never take that chance again.  Besides
> the $ issue, I'll never get an iPhone until they have a decent
> selection of service providers to choose from in the US.

Yea I had at&t way back, and it was so-so. Then I had Cingular and it
was ok. Then I had the 1st iPhone and it was pretty great. I'm
guessing something is wonky with at&t's 3G network. Which is maybe a
bigger reason Apple did not do 3G from the start vs. the old battery
life story.

I had verizon for a year with my Q, their service is great, but their
phones blow most of the time because they cant be GSM and they do such
rigorous testing with them on their network, by the time they are done
the models are out of date :)