New music

Mikael Hansson EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Aug 22 07:44:04 CEST 2008

Gorman, Declan wrote:
> Hey Micke,
>   Thanks for listening.  I thought the production sounded ok until I listened to your results.  What exactly did you do to the track to make it sound so good?

First some eq, 2 dB lift at around 3.5 kHz and 1dB highshelving from 10
kHz. Then added some saturation and finally into a multiband limiter to
even out the frequency ranges a bit, enhancing everything from around
500 Hz and upward.

It became a bit overcooked though. It would probably sound better if you
first had done something to your sounds.

I'll let you know my secret mantra: Adjust the cutoff frequency until
you think it sounds perfect, then raise it a bit :)

/Micke