cool .. make your own monome controller ..

M-.-n EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Aug 20 10:38:16 CEST 2008

>You think people will be happy paying >$2000 for a knob-box they could
>have built themselves for $100?

Yes and no. To build a *working* kit, you need skills and time. I couldn't
do one properly for example. Time means money. Look already at the price of
a monome kit. It's pretty high and it's only a controler.

Quality matters somehow. I don't think an evolver is over priced for
example. I didn't play with the blofeld so I can't judge it's but I don't
think it is too. If it works properly and sounds orginal, I think it deserve
a price tag. You will never have the time to put up together something like
a nord modular either right ? or not at least to a point you can resell it
and live off it. The fact my nord mod is still next to me, in working shape
and full of possibilities totally justifies its price.

My big gripe and reason for doing DIY is:

1) the lack of flexibility in music machine made by major players
2) personal taste to explore wacky concepts.

it's a different ball game.