Gumstix micro-computers

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Aug 16 01:00:12 CEST 2008

Jay Vaughan schreef:

> yeah, been watching the gumstix camp for years, mostly as a result of
> the coldfire-52xx stuff that was going on when it mattered to me a
> while back .. lovely little machines, i've seen a few of them blowing
> around the metalab, but i guess i'm not so hot on it these days with
> all the AVR/arduino monkey business that goes on..

The Arduino is cool, and perhaps even better suited for the application
I have in mind, with one very big exception: its limited amount of
memory. There is a project that does more or less the same thing that I
have in mind, with the same family of MPU that the Arduino has, but with
a lot more memory, 128 KB or so.

Other than that, Linux/Unix is familiar to me, whereas a whole new
environment wouldn't be.

On the other hand, if you get a couple of these Gumstix modules, all of
a sudden you've handed over a couple of hundreds of dollars.

- Peter