your daily routine

Ron West EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Aug 14 19:36:47 CEST 2008

>> if anyone is interested i can list the supplements, food, exercise,
>> habits, etc that make up my lifestyle.
>
> Yes, I'd be interested to hear about that!

my routine -

up at 5am (i'm fortunate to be able to pick the hours i work - so i go
in and leave before rush hour both ways)

drink 4 oz. kombucha tea before leaving the house (been making my own
for 4 years now)

breakfast at 8 (green tea and fat-free yogurt with fresh fruit or my
blend of grains (rye, barley, oat, flax) with cranberries, spices and
honey. weekends i may make eggs or pancakes (soy and brown rice
flour).

vitamins/supplements after breakfast - B100, calcium, milk thistle,
alpha lipoic acid

go for a 30-40 minute brisk walk after breakfast

have another green tea

10am have a light snack (some nuts or a piece of fruit) and get my
liter bottle of filtered water brought from home each day out of the
fridge.

11am lunch (usually leftovers from the night before or once in awhile
eat out  but NEVER fast food)

vitamins/supplements after lunch - E, C, selenium

30-40 minute brisk walk after lunch

pee about 50 times before leaving work from all the water drank
through the day :-)

sometimes a light snack after getting home from work (tin of sardines,
a few bites of cheese)

drink 4 oz. kombucha tea

since i'm home early dinner consists of a home cooked, from scratch
meal. local veggies (when available), no meat with the exception of
fish. i only cook with extra virgin olive oil or orgainc expeller
pressed canola oil (sometimes a bit of sesame oil for flavor). meals
can be curries (turmeric and ginger for health), korean, japanese,
thai (i love asian food!), northern african, middle east or a simple
stir fry with veggies and herbs from my small garden. i use all kinds
of beans (chickpeas, black, adzuki, kidney, lentils, etc) tofu,
tempeh, seitan (easy to make home made), salmon, black cod, cabbages
(home made kimchi), broccoli, lots of garlic (roasted with olive oil
on fresh from the oven bread is to die for)!

vitamins/supplements after dinner - mixed carotenoids, another alpha
lipoic acid and milk thistle

after drinking water and tea all day i'll have a few glasses of red
wine or a few cocktails in the evening. i'll have some pretzels, nuts
or air popped popcorn in the evening.

my cardio is good but i need to work on strength training. i went to
the gym for a few months earlier this year but it's not something i
really enjoy.

i live pretty stress free. love to laugh and watch comedies and sci-fi. :-)

bedtime is usually around 9:30pm

--
Ron

"I'm schizophrenic, and so am I."