eee pc 901...

Gert van Santen EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Aug 9 03:42:04 CEST 2008

Bill Fox schreef:
> Gert van Santen wrote:
>> ...got it!
>> E 399. It's small, it's light, it's relatively fast, no hard
>> drive (SSD), it works right out of the box and the battery -
>> phew, it's working already for 3 hours, and it still says 3 hours
>> to go - very cool!
>> I am very happy with this machine :-)
>>
> My PII/450MHz/Win98 tower badly needs to be replaced.  Since I want to
> dedicate my Dell Laptop to music, I need to get a laptop so I can leave
> the Dell at home when I'm at the radio station.  I've decided that I
> should replace the tower with a laptop.  Do you think the eee pc 901
> will do?  It will be used for Adobe Audition for audio editing,
> archiving my radio programs, website development, MySpace administration
> (I administer nine accounts!), photo management for my websites.  I use
> lots of tabs in Firefox and open lots of files and programs when I
> prepare playlists for publication.  Dank je wel.
>
> Groetjes,
>
> Bill

Hey, BillyBaby (can I call you Billy, baby? ;-)

To be honest, I really don't know if you can do "Big Stuff" on an
eee pc. It's a small machine with an Intel Atom 1.6 GHz,  12 GB
SSD, 1 GB RAM and it's only 1.1 kg.
Personally, I haven't tried yet. I have read about people doing
Photoshop and other heavy stuff. You might want to check the web
on this.
I am planning to do all the usual internet stuff, Plus some photo
editing and hopefully just a bit of Ableton Live. Oh, and movies
  - works like a charm :-)
--

:-)

G e r t  v a n  S a n t e n