New Bike

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Aug 8 00:36:16 CEST 2008

Interesting, on our work's intranet there was some discussion today
about incentives to get people to go to work by bike. Since I'm the only
Dutchman working there, I thought I could speak with some authority on
the subject. :)

Just some racks to lock up your bike would help. Right now, there's
*nothing*, not even space to put them. Pavements here are really narrow,
and then the office lies in what's effectively a dry river bed. And
sometimes, there are flash floods. You do the maths.

But it got me looking at some typical Dutch brands like Koga Miyata :)
but oh dear... a nice mountain bike with front and rear suspension
(which is a necessity here, what with the state of the roads and all
those hills) is not exactly cheap.

- Peter