New Bike

Andy Tarpinian EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Aug 7 18:56:14 CEST 2008

On Aug 7, 2008, at 12:25 PM, Jon Stutters wrote:

> Andy Tarpinian wrote:
>> Got a new bike :) Wanted something inexpensive and simple that I can
>> ride around town, to the store etc.. and not worry so much about
>> locking it up on the street. My current bike is way to expensive to
>> park out in the open.
>>
>> Got one of these,
>>
>> http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/dawes/sst.htm
>
> Looks ideal for a town runaround.

Yea, I'm hoping those stickers are not under the clear coat, otherwise
I'll have to break out the electrical tape, or maybe some elektron
stickers :)

I liked the Bianchi Pista(would have added a front brake) but it was
too flashy and costly for what I wanted it for.

http://www.bianchiusa.com/05_pista.html

> I got one of these for the 10 miles
> to work:
> http://www.genesisbikes.co.uk/index.php?bikeID=8&show_bike=TRUE

That looks really nice, especially at that price. But then I converted
it to $, not so nice for me :)

> Currently hankering after one of these for the weekends:
> http://www.wilierbikes.co.uk/images/2008/08mortirolomirage/large.jpg

Hot Stuff!

> What have you got that's too nice to leave outside?

10(or so) year old Cannonade F700 with just about everything replaced
(even the headshock ; )

I have a pic around somewhere

http://nmisystem.com/bike/bike1.jpg

It was decently expensive to begin with and then I put a lot of money
into it over the years, but it rides amazing and it will probably last
me a lifetime.