Presonus Studio Live

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Aug 6 12:09:57 CEST 2008

Niall,

Niall Munnelly wrote:
> Did we already talk about this?  I recall that Tony S and a
> few others were interested kit like this.
>
> http://presonus.com/products/Detail.aspx?ProductId=52

It does look interesting, although not exactly cheap compared to the
competition from Yamaha. Looking at the features, it seems to have a
very useful combination of inputs, busses, and monitoring facilities
that should work well for live or studio use where one would want to
record a full band or small orchestra playing at once.

For studio production using sequencers or track-by-track recording, it
clearly faces strong competition from in-the-box mixing and just using
an analog mixer for monitoring. It also lacks digital connectivity to
hook up studio processors (no AES/EBU or ADAT) or integrate it into a
larger rig (no wordclock?). For me personally, 16 inputs would not be
enough, as a major motivation for having a tradtional mixer is to avoid
the need to patch and having all my gear immediately available.

Martin

--
http://www.navisto.ch
http://www.myspace.com/navisto