flickr and such

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Aug 5 18:18:03 CEST 2008

Michael Zacherl wrote:
> So ... how about using a public site like flickr (where I got an
> account due to my long term Yahoo-membership)?

I personally prefer to be in control. My provider has the easy option to
install a photo gallery as part of my site, so setting that up was
nearly as easy as signing up to flickr or something along these lines.

Generally, while I'm not particularly paranoid about disclosing
information on the net, I also don't feel the need to publish my
personal pics to the rest of the world. Hence, a "private" gallery is
perfect for me - private in the sense that I don't link to it from my
main page, and in that I generally do not publish links to it in public
places. This is perfect for sharing pictures with friends and family.

I don't see why I should have my family pictures on a public site, even
if there's nothing particularly "private" in them (no, I wouldn't
publish pictures of my baby son taking a bath, even though some of them
are seriously cute...).

Bye
Martin