Roland's Curious, Compelling Dimension D

Niall Munnelly EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Aug 3 23:59:41 CEST 2008

The SDD-320 was an early model in the "Roland Studio System"
line, and is arguably their most famous studio effect.
Nominally a chorus unit, the 320 is considerably subtler
than any other chorus I've heard; it appears to have been
designed more to add depth and character to your sound than
to modulate it beyond recognition. I drop this unit's name
just about every time we talk about effects in our studios,
and it's about time I showed those unfamiliar with it why.
Tony Scharf, who's babysitting my SDD-320 while I'm away,
kindly recorded his PEK's passes through the five canonical
modes. Thank you, Tony.

Headphones or a good playback system are recommended if you
really want to hear the Dimension D do its thing, and I hope
you like that thing.

http://syncretism.net/snd/sdd-320%20samples/

--
Yours,