gonna make some music...

Joost Schuttelaar EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Aug 2 14:39:03 CEST 2008

On Aug 2, 2008, at 14:19 , Peter Korsten wrote:

> All in all, a very nice story, but what you're leaving out is that
> people on the whole don't have e-mail addresses in their mobile
> phones:
> they have mobile numbers. And the amount of people that will
> actually go
> and bother to sync their mobiles to their computers will always be
> marginal. It's a geeky thing that you and I do, but the majority of
> people don't.

Most people have e-mail addresses, they're just not using it on their
phones yet.

Why would you need to sync, by the way? I can just add my e-mail
address to my phone. Even if it's a Hotmail or Yahoo or Google one. I
expect that these technical (and UI) limitations on phones for other
brands will disappear in the following years...

By the way, most people are very capable of syncing their MP3 players
and iPods right now... just connect it and done! People at work using
smart phones (even my father) are also very capable of syncing their
phones... they do it automatically over the air (3G).

>> I think the only reason MMS is used at all today is to send pictures
>> taken with the phone and only because the interface on most phones is
>> not easy enough to do it by e-mail.
>
> And because most people won't have e-mail addresses in their phones,
> and
> aren't going to have them any time soon either.

:)

--

Joost Schuttelaar
The Hague, NL