A mars a day

Gorman, Declan EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Apr 28 11:45:17 CEST 2008

Hey Marc,
  Thanks for listening and welcome back. :0)

  You are not wrong as I think that my arrangement skills are lacking too.  Personally I think I write good grooves but when it comes to arranging them in any imaginative way I haven't got a clue. It's very formulaic and as you say linear.  I need to work on this side of things some more.

  Your comments are appreciated and agin thanks for listening.

Declan.

-----Original Message-----
From: shelter-bounces at lists.music-bar.org [mailto:shelter-bounces at lists.music-bar.org] On Behalf Of M-.-n
Sent: 28 April 2008 10:31
To: shelter at lists.music-bar.org
Subject: Re: A mars a day

Hey Declan,

It sounds very nice and it's got a very nice ambiance to it but it's too
linear/loop-ish for my taste. The build-up feels too much like you add a
new pattern every bar and each element misses variations. By the half of
the track I know I'm not going to get any 'surprise' and it's a bit of a
shame.

Don't get me wrong, I like it, but I think you could get it much better.

Hope that helps
Marc

Gorman, Declan a ?crit :