Do you ever regret?

Chris Strellis EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Apr 24 10:51:49 CEST 2008

Hi Declan,

> I don't think I'm alone in my thinking, well I hope not anyway. :)

I've pondered this before.  I have thought it perhaps a curse where an
layman can just appreciate the music as a whole and just marvel and
wonder at the music and we can't as we are thinking how we would make
the track etc.  I concluded that it wasn't a curse after all.  In fact
we are at a massive advantage over the "normal" listener as we have more
information and insight about the music than the average guy.  This is
not a disadvantage, it's a skill.

A botanist can simultaneously appreciate the beauty of a flower like an
artist and know all about the processes that makes the flower live and
reproduce.  An artist can only appreciate its external beauty not its
inner beauty as well - that takes knowledge!

A clever man can act stupid...but a stupid man can never act clever.

Cheers

Chris