Listening to...

Tony Hardie-Bick EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Apr 23 17:08:58 CEST 2008

Hi Gert,

> Frank Zappa... Some live recording.
>
> Man, I love this guy's guitar solos. I could listen to them for
> hours on end... :-)

There are so many to choose from. Live, I really like the guitar solo on
"Thirteenth Movement of Sinister Footwear" from (I think) Tinseltown Rebellion.

Of the stuff done in a studio, "Watermelon in Easter Hay"... I cannot really
find words to describe that one. Plus it's in a compound time signature, and
no-one would notice, plus, it's a supreme example of recording
studio-as-instrument virtuousity, in addition to the heart-stopping guitar
playing (check out the phasing on the cymbals)... err... I could go on.

Tony (HB)