Phonic mixer update

Gert van Santen EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Apr 21 23:23:26 CEST 2008

paul.maddox.mail-list at synth.net schreef:
> All,
>
>  I have just speant the last hour and half having a painfull reminder of
> why software DAWs are shit.
>
>  WTF are apple on? sorry but, I've had nothing but non stop hassle with
> OSX lately, in particular firewire devices.
>
>  I can't get the firewire audio device recognised by logic or audio midi
> setup, yet it's there as clear as day in the system profiler. The fix?
> reboot OSX (YAY I've got a frickin windows box again!).
>
>  Then when I do get it, I keep getting "unable to sync midi and audio" in
> Logic and it freezes (I also don't get any sound)... The thing is, I'm
> NOT USING MIDI!!!! It's DISABLED!

Hi Paul,

Well, that sucks.

Strangely enough, I have had - in the past - exactly the same
sh*t happening to me over and over again on at least 3 different
Macs with several versions of OS9 and OSX and several audio
interfaces and MIDI interfaces.
I also remember that with a certain version of OSX or Logic there
were loads of people complaining about exactly this on the forums.
I don't know how I solved it. I do remember that nobody seemed to
be able to help me or solve the proble, People either never had
it happen to their system, or they were completely at a loss. I
know that I have spent hours, perhaps even days on the problem,
and I don't know why it went away (or even if it went away
completely...)

Things you might want to check:
* RAM - if you have 1 Gig, insert at least anothe 1 Gig
* Stuff like the audio preferences within Logic
*Check how the processors and hard drive are working - you might
find there are processor spikes every now and then that cause the
problem... But how to solve that...?

I wish you good luck. It's a shame that this problem still seems
to exist. I love how Logic looks and works these days...
--

:-)

G e r t  v a n  S a n t e n