logic 8, invert signal

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Apr 21 13:22:18 CEST 2008

Hi Paul

paul.maddox.mail-list at synth.net wrote:
>> However, I found that instead of just throwing all the processing into
>> the mix at once, I found that the more conscious process of adding
>> plug-ins only where needed gave me a better end result: I did more
>> "thinking" and less "doing".

> I fully agree, it's not a limitation as such, just a change of approach.

Definitely. I also quite liked the possibility for more group processing
instead of individual tracks that the DAW offers over traditional
(affordable) mixers. I used that quite extensively.

> I'm hoping tha my mixes will be improved by the use of 'plugins' only as I
> need them, rather than because they're there and ready to roll.

Also, try different plug-ins. For example, I found quite significant
differences between using my TC Goldchannel as hardware insert vs. the
VC64 vintage channel plug-in on a female voice. Like with many other
digital processors, I wouldn't say one is generally "better" than the
other, but for the given task, the difference was big. So playing around
with options makes a lot of sense.

Bye
Martin

--