The Baron

Gert van Santen EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Apr 21 12:56:58 CEST 2008

Gorman, Declan schreef:
> Hey all,
>   Here is a track that a friend and I are currently working on.  It is a
> club track titled 'The Baron' and was sequenced in Ableton Live 7.  Let
> me know what you think.
>
> http://degomusic.net/mp3/temp/dego_The_Baron.mp3

Some cool sounds. I think the 303-like bass is a bit, hmm, I
don't know. Somehow I think the sound is a bit annoying. I *love*
the thin hats.
I feel the track would benefit from a bit more subtle movement.
There are many cool FX in Ableton that you might use to filter
stuff, for example.
Those vocal snippets are very surroundish, nice.
I like the part after the break better than befor - although it
is sort of the same. Perhaps the track could be built up so that
in the beginning some vital elements are left out, and only come
in after the break?
Oh, what do I know. Thanks for sharing, mate!
--

:-)

G e r t  v a n  S a n t e n