Happy birthday Dave!

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Apr 18 10:05:16 CEST 2008

> Damn, I posted that and haven't been back since!  Much busyness
> since my
> birthday, but thanks again for all the wishes everyone.

I just love it that you keep popping your head in as often as you
do .. its not like the good ol' days maybe, but its enough.  ;)

> Katy is starting to look quite pregnant now, and she's really
> enjoying it.
> This whole "project" (if you could call it that) has got to be one
> of the
> best things we've ever embarked on, and I'm pretty sure there's not
> going to
> be anything much which will ever come along to top it.

Thats really what I've felt as well in the past year .. Flynn and
Christina have become more important to me than anything.  I think
this is sort of what turns people off from parenting and family life,
that it sort of introverts you - or at least, diverts people away
from the more 'me me me' kind of activities like music making or
clubbing or flirting, or watching telly, or whatever .. but its far
better for you than any of that.

At the end of the day, my 2 hours play time with the boy simply wipe
out any other hassles that might've gone on during the day, and when
we're all in bed and sleepy and the little mister is snoring and
giggling in his sleep, there is no better heart-felt joy, in my
opinion ..

> I think I finally "get" the parenting thing - can't wait!  ;-D

.. so I'm really, really glad, happy, thankful, and grateful, that
you are about to experience the same thing, Mr. S.  Its sort of like
we both cracked the plastic on a brand new mega-synth, and have some
tunes on the horizon worth celebrating, only minus the synthiness and
plus++ a whole lotta love.  When you've got your babe in your arms,
after the birth, for the first time, and you look in their eyes, life
will be big.  Bigger than it ever was yet.  And I really look forward
to your thoughts on that day, that is for sure ..

Flynn is doing great, btw, I taught him to get off the bed properly
(backwards so he lands on his feet, not his face) and he's been
getting up in the morning and going off for his own little plays
while Mum and Dad stay a bit warmer/sleepier for a few minutes
more .. this morning I noticed him being a lot more quiet in the
kitchen than normal, and Christina did too, so she got up and found
him hacking away on her computer, quite literally pressing keys and
seeing what would happen, and for an 11-month old kid, that is quite
a feat to pull off without drooling all over the non-drool-friendly
bits, I must say .. so he's learning fast, our little tyke, and it
looks like the weekend trip to the country is going to be a fun one,
since he's also getting fast enough to have another go at catching
Grandma's cats, a task his Dad loves to foster gleefully, tee hee ..

;
--
Jay Vaughan