Problems with Ableton Live and midi interface

Gorman, Declan EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Apr 16 16:21:38 CEST 2008

Hey all,
I recently added an E-mu X-Midi 2x2 to my set up and now I find that
Live does not respond very well. Opening and closing a set takes a lot
longer than usual, starting and stopping audio also takes longer,
unbearable in fact. Also, closing Live takes longer too and I've noticed
that the process is still memory for at least 5 minutes when I look at
the task manager.

Uninstalling the device and its driver fixes the issue but that means I
am left without a midi interface. I am using Windows XP and Live 7.03.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Declan.