USB Mixers

deeplfo EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Apr 15 18:14:11 CEST 2008

Thanks everyone, great feedback.

----- Original Message ----
From: "paul.maddox.mail-list at synth.net" <paul.maddox.mail-list at synth.net>
To: shelter at lists.music-bar.org
Sent: Tuesday, April 15, 2008 2:25:32 AM
Subject: Re: USB Mixers

Mohsen,

> http://www.alesis.com/multimix16usb20

I considered the alesis firewire version on the one I have, until I read
the reviews and complaints...

> And the one from Behringer:
>
> http://www.behringer.com/2442FX/index.cfm?lang=ENG

*CAREFUL*
it's a standard mixer that comes shipped with a 2in/2out USB dongle, it's
*NOT* 24 channels of audio over USB, just 4.

> I kind of like the idea a combined audio interface and mixer.  Anyone
have any hands-on use with these, opinions, etc?

If the phonic USB one is like their firewire one, it'd be a good buy,
though I beleive it's also only stereo in and stereo out.

Treat yourself a good firewire card and the phonic helix board :-)

Paul