DAW + Video Editing. Good Idea?

Tony Scharf EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Apr 6 16:17:09 CEST 2008

Honestly, a good PC these days can handle multiple roles, and the
application configurations conflicting is largely a non issue (at
least for me).  The only reason I dont have my games collection on the
same PC as my DAW is that I dont want the game-binge clutter that
amasses around my one pc to interfere with the music-clutter of my
DAW.

with something video work, I'd actually see them as very complimentary
as then you can mix the audio for your video on the same great audio
system.  The system demands for Video work are very similar to those
of a DAW, so why not turn it into a DAVW (Digital Audio Video
Workstation)?  It seems like an obvious pairing.

Tony