$40 DIY Lemur

K9 Kai Niggemann EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Apr 1 16:48:08 CEST 2008

wow, jay. calm down. How big do you think this hive really is?

I doubt that the lemur for $2500 has sold to that many people outside
of unis and Daft Punk.

I think if these guys who put a a brillliant machine together (if you
have used a multi-touch lemur and the very pleasant editor software,
you will know what I mean) sold just a few more licences to other
companies, they get a bit of what they deserve.

I don't subscribe to the notion that every idea should be put on the
web for free in the hopes that the bright people who had the idea
should try to get paid by traveling the world, holding lectures at
conventions instead of selling the idea as a product that enables
people to do things that were impossible before.

I also think it's great that there are things like PD, the "$40
Lemur" (which is not a Lemur - since it's not even multitouch, which
is *the* killer feature of the Lemur, nor does it come with the Lemur-
included software, which is also a bit of work to assemble yourself,
but that is another story) etc. but I think it's a bit arrogant to ask
for all of this to be free for all. It's a bit like looking at a
Pollock painting saying: "Eeaarggghch! *I* could have done that!"

Kai