DSLR

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Apr 1 10:39:45 CEST 2008

Hi Soren

S?ren Knudsen wrote:
>> I just think it's a bad idea to invest into a DSLR, but then compromise
>> on the lens. If budget is an issue, I'd rather get a cheaper body but
>> spend the money on the optics. There are enough reasonably priced lenses
>> around that provide a lot higher quality than these superzooms.

> But dont you think that easiness/efficiency of use is greater with the wide
> zoom area? That is the major reason for me to consider exactly the Sigma

It is quite handy, certainly. I just found the results disappointing,
and there's nothing more frustrating than coming home from a photo shoot
and finding that some of the best shots are not quite so impressive
because of technical issues and because you were too lazy to change the
lens...

> 18-200 DC OS lens. I reckon that I will use this as my try-out lens - also to
> see which zoom areas I use when and how much, and then later decide on some
> better lenses.

Fair enough, although I find it a bit expensive for a trial...

Bye
Martin

--
http://www.navisto.ch